Old September 5th 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default SSB is no good for Omega One music because of phase distortion

"N9OGL" wrote in
oups.com:

Slow Code wrote:
Lloyd Daugherty wrote in
:

So that's why Omega One Radio sounds so ****ty. It is simply true
that single sided AM signals don't preserve phase when they are
detected, and that leads to distortion. You have to use a phase
locked loop to do that, provided that the station transmits a small
residual carrier or a vestigal sideband for the loop to lock onto.

Otherwise the audio sounds like crap, just like it does on Omega One
Radio.

The deal is that Omega One didn't listen to Woger when they asked for
his expert opinion. Now they are paying the price and are losing
audiophile listeners right and left. Not even Mark Morgan listens
any longer.

Not only that, but the song selection is ****ty which makes Omega One
doubly stinky. ELO, Culture Club, J Giles Band, Disco, The carpenters,
Asia, and then on top of that ****, a bunch of really really ****ty old
Lawrence Welk like **** that he probably has to play just to keep his
mom & dad from pulling the plug on his kilowatt.

Sc

I don't have Lawrence welk, I think your refereing to the classical
music that's being played.

It sounds like you robbed some rock stations or music stores in the
seventies & eighties and stole records of all the ****ty groups.

SC