Old September 5th 06, 12:19 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default You'll probably never use CW to save a life if you're too dumb to learn it.

" wrote in
oups.com:

From: "an old friend" on Sun, Sep 3 2006 2:41 pm

From: an old friend on Sun, Sep 3 2006 10:09 am
From: Slow Code on Fri, Sep 1 2006 5:36 pm
" wrote in
Rick Frazier wrote:

seeking mental help. If you don't think you need therapy, how
about you get a life and if you are so Pro-CW, why aren't you
on the bands right now?

Excellent question, "Slow." Why didn't you answer it?

becuase the answer is that there is nobody on we wants to "talk' to

Or maybe nobody wants to talk to him... :-)

that too

:-)

the CW has seen the light that being they betrayed the ARS by
listening to the ARRL what 50 years ago

I don't think the ARRL "betrayed the ARS". I believe that they
sincerely thought that morsemanship was THEN a topmost skill
of US radio amtaeurs. Fifty years ago would be 1956 and not
long after the passing of ARRL co-founder (and president-for-
life) Hiram Percy Maxim. "T.O.M." used his editorial pages
to promote morsemanship in the 1920s and 1930s.

I think they betrayed it wether they meant to or not by as you will
sowing the seeds for the battles that were to follow

indeed in looking only back at Maxim I submit they betaryed even him

Careful, careful, Mark...Sister Nun of the Above, now the
Mother SUPERIOR is BACK, ruler in hand, ready to spank the
knuckles of anyone who DARES say anything negative about
the blessed, sacred ARRL!

I was literally going back 50 years to 1956 and remembering
how both the electronics hobby and the (much, much bigger)
electronics industry was doing...preparing to move to
California and the aerospace industries that year. Frankly,
the ARRL wasn't keeping up with the electronics industry
other than keeping QST afloat with advertising revenue.
Since they were largely unaware (from their publications)
what the (then) long-haul radio communications were doing,
they couldn't really decide which way to go for amateurs.
Their decisions were based largely on ignorance, especially
that of SSB. The commercial-military folks on HF were already
USING SSB on HF and had been doing it for over two decades by
1956...yet the ARRL wanted amateurs to believe that "amateur
radio 'pioneered' SSB." :-) Bull****.

yet I do wonder if he isn't Robeson somedays but I am pretty sure he
is just another bitter old that bought into "incetive Licesning) the
brain child of the ARRL

It should be abundantly clear that "Incentive Licensing" was
never about "advancing" in amateur radio beyond getting TITLE,
RAND, and STATUS. That was VERY important to the controlling
coterie of the League, folks who wanted to be "better" than
others...in a hobby activity.

What "incentive licensing" DID create was just the opposite of
"good fellowship" among amateurs, that of CLASS DISTINCTION
and a "pecking order" based largely on morsemanship. The
morsemen won it. Never mind that radio technology was already
far advanced from the 1930s' style of amateur radio and that
morse code was falling by the wayside in every other radio
service, the League still (stubbornly) held to the belief that
all amateurs "should" be able to be morse skilled...even four
decades after the 1930s.

and therby betraying the fundental core of the service, a change that
needs to removed altogether if possible hence my fovoring a oe 2 class
license system with the prevedlges indentical to all the lclasses that
exist (with modern radio I reconize it may be needed to have some sort
of up or out license with 10 to do it becuase of the volume of material
but the classes should be equal in preveledge and the class should not
be a publicly accsable (except on an ARS wide) basis

Well, it's a subject which is damn clear to outside observers
but the Believers are about to strike a blow for the Church of
St. Hiram. Mother SIPERIOR is back in her habit of
one-liner sentences thinking she can slay the dragons (of her
mind) which defile the sanctity of the Newington folks who
"know what is good for amateur radio!" :-)

Prior to 1990 there were already FIVE different license classes
in US amateur radio. The no-code Technician class made it SIX.
A decade later the FCC chopped that in half. Rightly so in my
estimation. It had gotten literally Byzantine in structure with
the privileged bandplans and who could use what mode. It was
worse than the commercial-professional operator licenses. The
Restructuring was sorely needed for the avocational activities.

The worst blow to the rank-status-title morsemen was cutting
the code test rate down to a single, low one, well below the
exhaulted, royal rate of 20 WPM that they overused for
bragging rights before 1998. :-) Those extra super special
morsemen lost NO PRIVILEGES ON THE BANDS but the sky fell in
on their bragging rights. Boo-hoo, poor morsemen. :-)

Once, a very long time ago, I thought that becoming a
"ham" was a cool deal. That was before the commsats,
before technology had fully gotten with the semi-
conductor era, before the wonderful way we can get
over most of the world via PCs and the Internet. Why
IS it that some have to be a grand champion of the
1930s over seven decades later? What are THEY trying
to prove? I could care less about 1930s technology
and the "radio standards" of then. I live in the NOW.
If some dumb**** wants to moralize about "working" and
"investing" he (or she) can go get some flagellation
and suffer themselves for their own "cause." I'm not
about to join him (or her) in such moralistic self-
abuse/mis-use. If these self-styled emperors want to
flap their new clothes in my direction, I'll just keep
on pointing out that they are NAKED (and ugly).

and inccreasingly cold and unfeeling and failing to fufill the debt
they owe to those that came before them

I disagree with you a bit...nobody "owes" anything
other than bill payments, Mark.

The rabid amateur morsemen are just full of themselves.
They have lost their ability to RULE by that singular
skill, are now worried that they might lose all their
rank, title, status, and privileges when the code test
is finally eliminated. Few of them seem to have much
for themselves beyond that bragging right. shrug

I think we got k00k material here.