Old September 5th 06, 06:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
ArtieFlonkmeister ArtieFlonkmeister is offline

Default Gre8t Lib Net?

"rt4562" wrote in message
.. .
summer'°s eve wrote:
Was out last night having steak with the XYL.
Missed the Gre8t Lib Net as it was 1:30 when we
got home and 3.950 was clear.

What went down? Was it the SOS every weekend as usual ??
Was the net monopolized by a certain blowhard and scared
all the regulars away as in da past week's?

I'm surprised the Liberty Net is still around. I remember the old days
when Sid (K5BLB) and NX0T ("N-X-Nothing-Turd" as Sid called him) were on
3950 fighting every night. Is W1WCR still around? I haven't listened in
at least 10 years to that bunch, I figured they had all dropped dead of
old age by now.

Vic is still around and still does the NCS each and
every saturday evening, although MANY of the original
Lib Net members are now SK or have gone elsewhere.
A mere shell of it's former self although for ham radio
it did have quite an extraordinary run of time. Today it
seems to attract the kooks and conspiracy nuts instead
of the former in-depth political discussions of it's heyday.

Ole Sid and company can still be heard almost on
a nightly basis on 3.947 LSB during the late evening.
Haven't heard NX on the air in many Years. Don't know
if he's SK or just MIA. Miss him as he was a true
live wire and much fun to listen into. Same with KJI who's
not been heard from in over 2 Years.