Old September 5th 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
[email protected] chumpy36@gmail.com is offline

Default Need help with connectors

I have some motorola gp88s that I use for two way in a motorsports
application. I recently got two vx500 vertex radios that I want to use
as a backup system. However I need to change the connector end on the
car wiring harness in order to make this work. The accessory jack of
the two radios is different.

Questions:

1. Where can I buy these connector ends? Are they called a specific
name? I've found different names like x00 or s1 connector or x03. And
I'm having a hard time finding a place that sell just the end.

2. Is there an adapter made to make this work? From motorola accessory
jack to the vertex?

Thanks for any help

JAson