Old September 5th 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Joel Kolstad Joel Kolstad is offline

Default Anyone used Superspice simulator ?

Hi David,

"David" wrote in message
Thanks for the link to the interview. I wish the commercial versions of
software could be as simple to use as RFSIM99. I was ready to purchase the
Gold version of the Superspice simulator and requested some adice from the
manufacturer. Having sent 2 emails with no response I have decided to
continue using the freeware RFSIM99.

You might try posting to sci.electronics.design or sci.electronics.cad --
Kevin Aylward seems to read those on regular occasion.

Not to imply that ignoring your requests through his web site is acceptable,
of course.

I have downloaded a number of "S-Parameter" files from manufacturers and it
is a breeze to use these. I suppose If I could afford a network analyser I
could develop a set of S-parameters for any device I use and any bias
condition.

Yes, although de-embedding the fixture, mounting pads, etc. can sometimes be
annoying.

Depending on the frequencies you need to cover, there are several inexpensive
"homebrew" network analyzers out there... TAPR has one
(http://www.tapr.org/kits_vna.html), and there's another one kicking around
that's better for lower frequencies.

---Joel