Old September 6th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default You'll probably never have to use CW to save a life.

From: on Wed, Sep 6 2006 2:49 am

From: on Mon, Sep 4 2006 7:40 pm
From: on Sun, Sep 3 2006 1:49 pm

"Incentive licensing" went into effect in the late 1960s. There were
six classes of license prior to "incentive licensing".

You used too much Conditioner when you had your hair permed.
Tell the hairstylist that affects your ego too strongly.

So, the privileges of the Conditional Class was somehow
"different" because the FCC made allowances for those who
had long distances to travel to their Field Offices? Point
those out in detail, why don't you? Or do you want to go
into YET ANOTHER semantics battle in order to prove your
"rightness?" [I opt you go for the latter]

Clever, casually omitting the period between the "mid-1970s"
up to 1991 and the creation of the no-code Technician class.

That wasn't the time period under discussion.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...show what I originally wrote for a time
period that started all this semantics battling of yours.
NOW you claim YOUR stated time period is the ONLY one
under discussion?

Of course it is YOUR time period. You are Time Lord and
Dr. Who all together in the 1930s when Kode was King. :-)

The incentive licening changes of 1967 to 1969 did not create any new
license classes.

"Licening?" I liked your original typo better. :-)

So, what are you setting up for another semantics battle
with that two-year period, Jimmy? Or are the rules of
"time period under discussion" now limited to those two
years you've stated? Keep us informed.

You don't really know what caused the 1951 restructuring, do you, Len?

I didn't think so.

Tsk. M. Superior at it again. :-)

You don't know, do you, Len? Or maybe you do know, but don't want to
admit it, because doing so would show the errors in your anti-ARRL
rants.

The League is your shepherd, you shall not want... :-)

Mother, kindly remember that ARRL membership has never been
more than a quarter of all licensed US amateur radio
licensees. It is a MINORITY "representative" organization.
The ARRL "leadership" is highly biased towards morsemanship
and never fails to promote that. You abhor such statements
because you are a staunch Believer, perhaps supplicant at
the Church of St. Hiram. Poor baby.

Failure to "Believe" in the ARRL is an "error?" Okay, then
THREE-QUARTERS of US amateur radio licensees are "in error."
Go point out their "error" to them, why don't you?

Bully for you, Len. What does that have to do with your mistakes and
ignorance?

Jimmy, you REALLY need to work on your PEOPLE SKILLS!

By the time I was graduating from high school, I'd already had an
Amateur Extra class license for two years and had been a licensed radio
amateur for almost five years. Then I went to EE school. Graduated in
four years, having worked all the way through those years.

Wow. M. Superior in a gilded cage.

The war in those days was in Southeast Asia. Some people my age went,
others did not.

So, how did you "serve in other ways?"

Tsk, tsk, didn't you READ in your military expertise books
that only one out of seven in the military were ever
directly involved in battle? That little factoid has been
common knowledge in the military from WW2 to the present
day. Your precious body stood a good chance of being one
of those NOT in battle or being harmed.

But it's not really about me, Len.

Tsk, you seem to be working very hard to showcase yourself.

Whether I was around in 1951 or not
has no effect on the non-ARRL groups that influenced FCC back then.

That much is true. If you didn't exist then, you could
not do much of anything... :-)

The fact is that you simply don't know much about amateur radio
history, and what you do know is full of errors and bias.

Sigh, you REALLY need to work on your PEOPLE SKILLS, Jimmy.

I have to admit that I haven't committed the ARRL's
version of US amateur radio history to heart or memory.
I've only been working IN radio-electronics since 1953
and no doubt have "missed" the glory of pioneering
radio done by radio amateurs since then. yawn
Since you consider amateurs to be oh, so much BETTER
than us pros, you will naturally go berserk whenever
the League is faulted or I fail to glorify the glory
and majesty of morse code. Of course, the ENTIRE radio
world outside of ham radio is "full of errors and bias"
because they've GIVEN UP on using morse code for
communications. Looks like you have a BIG job ahead
to "correct their errors!"

Where was Jimmy in 1951? Did he exist? No.

So what?

Clever biasing technique you have, Jimmy, that of taking
sentences out of context and then manufacturing a
"dispute" or whatever as YOU choose. :-)

Can a person only talk about things that happened during their
lifetime?

Doesn't seem to bother you, Jimmy, although you DO
concentrate overmuch on times BEFORE you existed.
You are able to make virtual Mount Everests from little
ant hills about "historical facts" which, for amateur
radio, are limited to the ARRL's biasing about itself.
Minutae. Things made much of in order to divert a
thread subject.

You rant on and on about what Maxim and ARRL did, years
before *you* existed.

Not really. :-) When I was born Hiram Percy was
still quite alive, Kode was King in US amateur radio,
and the ARRL had managed to reach the top of the ham
club food chain. :-)

Not much has changed in ham radio since. You still
revere Maxim, think Kode is King, and get totally
****ed whenever anyone says the least little negative
about the League. :-)

The difference is that you repeatedly get the facts wrong.

Tsk. Why do you bother replying to me at all? :-)

---

Jimmy, you need to work on your PEOPLE SKILLS.