Old September 7th 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Tree Tree is offline

Default Weller EC-2002-A

g. beat wrote:
It really depends upon the control board that you have in the unit.

The later EC2002 models were a completely different animal - and had a
microprocessor control (pic?) that could be programmed by an external
programmer (expensive) - for set-back , specific temperature, etc.

This was used extensively for EC2002 stations used in production / assembly
lines (strict control of iron temperature and tip profiles).

This is covered in the EC2002 manuals -- for these later models

Here is the manual on BAMA (you may wish to try mirror site for downloads)
http://bama.sbc.edu/weller.htm

Greg

From: **THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** blank
Subject: Weller Tech Sheets
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 02:23:33 GMT

Do you have any tips on fixing a Weller EC-2002-A? It still regulates
and heats, but the temperature display is dead. When first turned on it
flashes "FFF" for a split second. I think maybe bad filter capacitor or
something. Any thoughts on fixing? This is a nice unit I had just bought
spare iron and tips for it. Tried another iron, and also measured proper
resistance on the thermistor.