Old September 7th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] willismat239@earthlink.net is offline

Default Kaito Radio Question

Thanks for the link, I didn't see the review listed on Intel's
homepage. Universal lists the G1000A, but not the G1000 and I didn't
see it under the "Discontinued Portable Receivers" list.

weatherall wrote:
Wrote:
Has anyone had a chance to use the new KA1107 yet, and how does it
compare to the WRX911? They seem very similar (with the one obvious
exception being the '1107's alarm clock). The WRX is single
conversion, while the 1107 is double, and the 1107 has tone and
sensitivity switches, which are not on the WRX. The WRX does get good
reviews.

I was just about to order the Sangean PT933 when I noticed the 1107,
as
I need the alarm and want it in an analog shortwave radio, so this may
be the choice.

Have you seen the reviews on radiointel.com?

http://www.radiointel.com/review-kaitoka1107.htm

http://www.radiointel.com/review-kaitowrx911.htm

The 1107 is a lot bigger than the WRX911; those reviews linked above
give the dimensions of each radio. Another analog-tuned radio with an
alarm is the Grundig G1000.

--
weatherall