Old September 7th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] danr_18@yahoo.com is offline

Default Small radio for backpack; reception in train?

When using the DE31 with the supplied clips (alligator clips, without
teeth), such as with the DE1105, make sure that you connect the ground
clip as well! You can connect it to the battery ground, or the ground
of the headphone jack. Making the ground connection really lowers the
noise level alot (apparent on some frequencies much more than others)!

I just went through this a few weeks ago...(grounding... no, I haven't
tried it on a train...) I wonder, in this day and age, if connecting
the DE31 against a train window, will raise a few security eyebrows...

Daniel wrote:
wrote:
Suggest you check out the Degen DE1105;

while it does not have SSB, and does not go below 5800 or above 26000

it is very small, does have double reduction, 1,000 memories; and is
very sensitive;

Ordered! Looking forward to trying it out. Some eBay-dealer offers a
DE31 loop antenna with it.

Is it correct that a loop antenna works with the H-field which is less
susceptible to electromagnetic interference?