Old September 7th 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default Small radio for backpack; reception in train?

wrote:

When using the DE31 with the supplied clips (alligator clips, without
teeth), such as with the DE1105, make sure that you connect the ground
clip as well! You can connect it to the battery ground, or the ground
of the headphone jack. Making the ground connection really lowers the
noise level alot (apparent on some frequencies much more than others)!

I just went through this a few weeks ago...(grounding... no, I haven't
tried it on a train...) I wonder, in this day and age, if connecting
the DE31 against a train window, will raise a few security eyebrows...

Just make sure you've one of the stations transmitting Koran recitations tuned
in...

....and you'll be vacationing in Gitmo before you know it.

It's a pretty nice place, I've been there twice.

dxAce
Michigan
USA