Old September 8th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default New SkyWave almost ready to fire up...

wrote in :

On 6 Sep 2006 17:22:13 -0700, "Telstar Electronics"
wrote:

Fired up the new SkyWave 2879ABTC with the temperature compensated bias
tonight. It worked like a million bucks. I adjusted (using the
available final-tweak resistor pads. You might see it sticking up in
the air in the picture) the AB bias current for 500mA at room
temperature. I transmitted and ran the sink up to 80 degrees C and the
bias was 530mA. I ran out of time and was unable to test it cold... but
I believe the circuit will work as the first proto. Here's a picture of
the amp on the bench in testing.

http://www.telstar-electronics.com/img_0001.jpg
interesting to hear

anything on it preforomance on 10 or 12 meter Ham band?

Yah, Right Markie, like your dumb ass has priviledges for the HF
ham bands. Not!

Learn CW!!