Old September 7th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default You'll probably never have to use CW to save a life.

From: on Wed, Sep 6 2006 6:11 pm

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
On 4 Sep 2006 18:13:27 -0700,
wrote:

Interesting how Carl was barred from running for section office.
Professional talent need not apply - we only want amateurs.

and yet no problem for the ARRL's marketing director to hop over to
Yeasu

He is forever tainted...

Wow, Goobers united!

I don't think Yaesu/Vertex Standard has a policy which precludes the
hiring of those who worked at the League.

The League's policy doesn't preclude the candidacy of those who
*previously* worked in professional communications or the manufacture
and marketing of amateur radio equipment. They deal with those who work
in such fields *currently*, at the time of the election.

Likely candidates for ARRL volunteer positions are what? retirees?

Volunteer positions are not elected positions. Read up on it.

What do the elected positions pay?

Just what the hobby needs more of...

I welcome all the retirees amateur radio can get, just as I welcome all
of the young people and all of those in between.

Dave K8MN

Right.

BUT...*ONLY* if they love, honor, and obey manual morse code
and the ultra-noble ARRL (which can do no wrong).

In other words, a "Val Germann" type. :-)