Old September 7th 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
U-Know-Who U-Know-Who is offline

Default gmrs, antenna, base station?

wrote in message
oups.com...
PS I'd like to get a solid 3 mile range.

wrote:
Hey, I know this is CB territory, but the activity is high and you guys
know
this stuff.

Want to hook up a nice high antenna to allow us to keep in contact with

the kids up
at the cabin. I understand height is almost everything but I can't
find a cheap
5 wattish radio that has a antenna mount and power supply. Is there
one?
I expect the antenna/cable to cost about $200. ??

I also assume, that with an elevated antenna, I'll need a GMRS license.

Any comments welcome. Thanks

What is the terrain like where you wish to do this?