Old September 8th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default New SkyWave almost ready to fire up...

"Telstar Electronics" wrote in
ups.com:

Fired up the new SkyWave 2879ABTC with the temperature compensated bias
tonight. It worked like a million bucks. I adjusted (using the
available final-tweak resistor pads. You might see it sticking up in
the air in the picture) the AB bias current for 500mA at room
temperature. I transmitted and ran the sink up to 80 degrees C and the
bias was 530mA. I ran out of time and was unable to test it cold... but
I believe the circuit will work as the first proto. Here's a picture of
the amp on the bench in testing.

http://www.telstar-electronics.com/img_0001.jpg

I've seen the insides of a lot of low cost amps and the construction on that
one looks nicer than most.

SC