Old October 15th 03, 02:55 PM
Carl R. Stevenson

"W1RFI" wrote in message
Write or call your local AM broadcast stations and tell them that
thier signal is being wiped out and you can't recieve them.

When I was in Emmaus, PA, I turned on the car AM radio and didn't hear any
noise on the AM broadcast band. I believe that some of the reports may

have
been in error.

73,
Ed Hare, W1RFI

I can confirm what Ed reports above ... on my first drive through the Emmaus
BPL area, I didn't have my FT-817 with me ... I noted little/no BPL noise
in the AM broadcast band ... perhaps a bit of extra noise at the very upper
end of the band around 1600 kHz, but nothing like what exists on 80-15m.

Again, I want to help Ed drive the point home - false claims of "BPL
interference"
will do a LOT of harm to our cause ... I encourage anyone who thinks they
might
be experiencing BPL interference to communicate with Ed and let him help to
verify
things.

I also encourage everyone to send a donation to the ARRL's BPL fund - you
don't have to agree with *everything* the ARRL does to be willing to help
to overcome this major threat to our future on HF.

Carl - wk3c