Old September 8th 06, 05:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Brian Denley Brian Denley is offline

Default Advice on Oscilloscopes Sought

Geez I bought an almost new 50 MHz Tektronics 2225 for $35 and that was with
probes. You can get a decent bench scope for not much money.

--
Brian Denley

"jawod" wrote in message
Being relatively new to ham radio, I am considering some form of
oscilloscope. I am intrigued by PC-based systems (eg., BitScope Pocket
Analyzer)

I've read a few NG posts about used HP scopes and a few negative remarks
about PC scopes.

My question:

Given my neophyte status and the likelihood that I would use a scope for
anything more the basic / with learning, moderate/ complexity,
... is the PC-based scope a good choice for me?
Cost is under $400, not incl. a $40 analog probe.

John
AB8O