Old September 8th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Jammer Jammer is offline

Default Curious about the I.R.E. Standard Dummy Antenna

GREAT info, that's why I lurk here often.

Just one teensy question, though...is this polarized?,
e.g. the 200pf cap is the receiver probe, the inductor
plus shunt is the signal gen connection? or versa-vice?

Thanks,
Terry Bakowski

[see you at the Peoria Superfest]

H. P. Friedrichs wrote:

I first came across this circuit in some old Hallicrafter's
documentation, which described the alignment of a particular radio. The
"IRE Standard Dummy Antenna" consists of four components--- a 200pf cap
in series with a 20 uH inductor, which links the signal generator to the
receiver's antenna input. A 400 pF cap in series with a 400 ohm resistor
is connected in parallel with (shunts)the inductor.