Old September 8th 06, 05:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
Opus- Opus- is offline

Default If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die?

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 23:50:19 GMT, Slow Code spake
thusly:

There are two ways to communicate when all you have is a transceiver,
phone, & CW. All you need for phone is a microphone, All you need for CW
is a pencil and paper. If you had to build a transmitter in an emergency,
a CW transmitter is simpliest to build. We are after all technical aren't
we? We're not just appliance operators.

Build a transmitter? I could humiliate you there, but that's been done
already.

Eliminating CW removes a way we can communicate. A simple way, where all
that's required is an ear, a pencil, and paper, and a skill.

There is NOTHING about removing code testing that will stop you from
using code. Wanna use code? Go ahead, knock yourself out. You can
hammer on that key all night long, for all anybody cares. Hammer on it
in your sleep. Hammer on it in the shower.

Just don't tell me that I am a bad person if I don't.