Old September 9th 06, 04:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Beloved Leader Beloved Leader is offline

Default Emergency freq's?

Lisa Simpson wrote:
I just obtained an old Regency Model Z10....

old tinkerer which seems to work perfectly. ...

How does one find emergency frequencies...?

I liked the part about the old tinkerer too. My guess, based on some
information at Strongsignals, is that these date from the mid- to
late-80s.

http://www.strongsignals.net/access/content/model.html

Coverage is 30-50, 144-174, and 440-512 MHz. Unfortunately, that may be
a problem Around here (northern Virginia) most of the public service
(emergency) transmissions are in the 800-900 MHz range. Maybe, however,
they are not in that range where you are. If I had that scanner, I
could still hear the Virginia State Police as well as Arlington County
VA fire calls at 154.30 MHz. I could hear trains, NOAA weather
stations, 2 meter hams, 6 meter hams, and some other things.

So where are you?