Old September 9th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Lisa Simpson Lisa Simpson is offline

Default Emergency freq's?

Excellent - thanx!

"Kevin Garrett" wrote in message
. 244.156...
"Lisa Simpson" wrote in
:

I just obtained an old Regency Model Z10 scanner at a moving sale (ala
Cuhulin) for $2.00 which was owned by an old tinkerer which seems to
work perfectly. How does one find out what ones local emergency
frequencies are so I can program them into this old beast?

Look here! http://www.w7fg.com/manuals.php?manu...egency&center=
However that would increase your investment 5.5 times.

If I found the right one, that looks like it only has 10 channels.
Depending on where you live you won't be able to hear enough emergeny
(police/fire/ambulance) to make any sense of it.

About 6 months ago I bought a Radio Shack Pro 2006 400 channel scanner and
can only hear the main channels because it does not trunk. There must be
at least 20 main channels they use in my area. I found those channels on
the radio reference website that dxace posted.

What you could probably hear easily are hams using repeaters. Fewer
channels and they don't jump from channel to channel during a single
conversation. I found these by just scanning ranges of frequencies then
googling the frequency with the name of my city and state. You will find
the websites of local clubs who own and operate the repeaters.

Kevin