Old September 9th 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
funkbastler funkbastler is offline

Default Could you support making the No-code license one year non-renewable?

On 8 Sep 2006 19:28:20 -0700, "Douche Bag"
wrote:

The hobby is dead because of all these old ham geriatrics stuck on
code. No one in the real world gives a **** about code.
Slow Code wrote:
I could support that.

SC

Code is dead - along with anything else that requires skill, practice, or
a little bit of effort.

The folks who want to do away with code should at least learn it and
try it - they might find it to be (gasp) enjoyable. Personally, I could
support doing away with no-code licensing altogether. I realize it won't
happen, but I gotta think that if I managed to learn Morse code, then so
can "they". The only thing no-code licensing accomplished in this neck of
the woods was to move the CB mentality from 11 to 2 meters.

--
-fb-