Old September 10th 06, 05:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] willismat239@earthlink.net is offline

Default Calling John Plimmer/BCB DX

This is such great advice, especially the part about perserverance.
Propogation conditions are so different at different times (even within
the same hour), that you just have to keep trying and eventually you
will be rewarded on both HF and MW.

John Plimmer wrote:
I think Pete advised you well - certainly a decent receiver helps a lot. You
must also have a decent antenna, something that will overload your portables
as Pete states. You don't mention what type of antenna you are using?

Lastly, don't underrate perseverance, patience, skill and experience. The
really exotic DX doesn't come in every night, so you have to be alert to a
good opening and then DX for all you are worth.

Good luck and have fun!
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

"Count Floyd" CountFloyd@MonsterChillerHorrorTheater wrote in message
John,
I live only one mile from the ocean here in South Florida and am not
able to really get any good BCB DX! I have never been able to receive
any European BCB stations or any stations west of the Mississippi
River. I am in Hobe Sound, FL. I read that you can receive BCB
stations even living under the shadow of mts! Could you please give
me some tips?