Old September 10th 06, 08:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Sangean HDR-1

In article et,
"Omer Suleimanagich" wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Since all of you are obvioulsy well-versed in SW radio, any thoughts on
this receiver:

http://www.universal-radio.com/CATAL...alty/0111.html

I am NOT interested in any thoughts from Edurado, but I am sure, he
will be along shortly. Are Sangean receivers any good, and how is the
company doing financially. I am hoping, as with the Receptor HD on
Amazon.com/hdradio, there will be little interest from consumers.
Thanks.

I am not well versed on this model, but when are we going to see shortwave
radios that have HD and DRM, as well as USB, firewire , and Bluetooth out
plugs?!

It seems shortwave manufacturers are stuck in the nineties and late
eighties. Maybe this is why everybody on EBay is clamoring for old Grundig
Satalit's!

The sooner DRM dies the better.

The HD radios in the link above are still vaporware. No real
specifications to speak of in the links. Note all the vaporware to date
need AC power. You are not going to be running these radios on batteries.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California