Old September 11th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Is antenna a transducer to 377 ohms?

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 16:01:34 -0700, Richard Clark
wrote:

In fact, in the near field of an antenna, there is nothing that
resembles 377 Ohms of Z.

The page at:
http://home.comcast.net/~kb7qhc/ante...pole/index.htm
dramatically reveals that the near fields fluctuate wildly from 377
Ohms, and I have restricted my analysis to those values falling at
roughly 100 Ohms or 1000 Ohms (the hot spots marking the feed point
region and the tips of the dipole).

Other antenna design's modification of the 377 near field around them
can be observed at:
http://home.comcast.net/~kb7qhc/ante...elds/index.htm

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC