Old September 11th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb
Lloyd Daugherty Lloyd Daugherty is offline

Default Problems with Cobra 148GTL CB radio

On 10 Sep 2006 18:08:57 -0700, wrote:
Ok--I solved the problem with the radio!

Yes, it had been modified. Someone grounded pin 10 of the PPL chip and

What's a "PPL chip?" A popcorn popping loop? Why do I get the feeling
that you're just blowing smoke in an attempt to impress someone?

Also, modifying the freqency or power determining circuits of such
type-accepted equipment automatically makes it illegal to use on CB.
Way to go.

You must be a relative of mine. I love getting in the FCC's face,
because they're afraid of me. Crank your power up to 100 watts, move
to 22 meters, and blast away. Nobody will touch you because I said
so.