Old September 11th 06, 08:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
David David is offline

Default Modeling Slot Antenna

Richard,

I have not accurately modelled the surfaces. My question is how do I do
this.

Regards

David Huisman

Richard Clark wrote:
On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 03:11:11 GMT, David
wrote:

Would someone mind explaining how I would model a Slot antenna ?
I am using EZNEC.

My initial assumption is that I create 4 planes to represent the metal
and leave the appropriate gap to represent the slot ?

I am also not sure how to make the feed point attachment.

Hi David,

Presuming you've accurately modeled both the surfaces, and the slot,
you feed across the narrow middle of the slot. The polarization is at
right angles to the slot.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC