Old September 11th 06, 01:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default Is antenna a transducer to 377 ohms?

Peter O. Brackett wrote:

"Cecil Moore" wrote:

I(s)
+--------------------------------------------open

V(s) 1/4 wavelength, Z0=600 ohms

+--------------------------------------------open

Given: The ratio of V(s)/I(s) is 50+j0 ohms. Can you
solve for f(Z0)?

The case you depict is at a "singularity" so to speak and is a "pathalogical
case", because with the 1/4 wave line open at the far end, one sees only a
short circuit with Z = V/I = 0.0 [zero] as the driving point impedance and
one needs more equations than just this one singular situation to solve for
Zo of the line.

Sorry I wasn't clear. One sees 50 ohms, not a short circuit,
and the Z0 of the line is given at 600 ohms. The line is not
lossless and not even low loss. There is enough resistance
in the stub wire to cause a 50+j0 ohm impedance looking into
the stub. I was just wondering what is the nature of your
f(Z0) function.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com