Old September 11th 06, 12:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Telstar Electronics Telstar Electronics is offline

Default Advice on Oscilloscopes Sought

jawod wrote:
Being relatively new to ham radio, I am considering some form of
oscilloscope. I am intrigued by PC-based systems (eg., BitScope Pocket
Analyzer)

I've read a few NG posts about used HP scopes and a few negative remarks
about PC scopes.

My question:

Given my neophyte status and the likelihood that I would use a scope for
anything more the basic / with learning, moderate/ complexity,
... is the PC-based scope a good choice for me?
Cost is under $400, not incl. a $40 analog probe.

John
AB8O

PS, apologies for cross-posting to two groups...just trying to get some
good answers!

I think I'd also opt for a used analog scope. I think It's better from
a portability viewpoint, since I'm unsure if they make the data
aquisition cards for laptops.

www.telstar-electronics.com