Old November 21st 03, 05:32 AM
Ghost writer

Sure sounds like RF was getting in to it, to me! G.W.

"KU2S" wrote in message
On 21 Nov 2003 03:04:09 GMT, (Fred McKenzie) wrote:

I'm curious as to why the channel selector runs
1,2,3,4,5,6,A,B,C,D,E,F. Why numerals 1-6, and then letters A-F?

Raymond-

I had the HR-2A back in the 70s. It was one of the early solid-state Two

Meter
rigs. I don't think I have the exact information you need, but thought I

would
pass along some recollections.

I spent a LOT of hours working on the HR-2A (and HR-6). If you have any
specific questions, I might be able to recall something that would help.

73, Fred, K4DII

Thanks Fred! Sure appreciate the info. Tried an impromptu test here
the other night, seems that every time I the rig tried to connect to
my test rig (laptop with baycom modem), it would trigger a restart on
the TNC. Hmmm, think maybe the fact that my test antenna was a 1/4
wave vertical stuck to the back of the HR-2A with the TNC right on top
of the radio had much to do with it? Tonight I try plugging one of
the outdoor antennas into the Regency!

Raymond Sirois KU2S
SysOp: The Lost Chord BBS
607-733-5745