Old September 11th 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
james james is offline

Default Date of manufacture for CB radio

On 11 Sep 2006 05:07:00 -0700, wrote:

+++I have a Cobra 148GTL AM/SSB rig that looks fairly old that was
+++manufactured in Taiwan. The serial number is 83013217. Can this
+++information be used to determine the date of manufacture?
+++
+++-Dave

Serial numbers assigned by manufactueres may or may not have date of
manufacture encoded in them. If this did then a possible dcecipher
would be the 3217th unit from January of 1983. I am not saying this is
correct but it is only one of several solutions.

james