Old September 12th 06, 04:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default Jimmy's Follies In Bad Analogies

From: Dave Heil on Mon, Sep 11 2006 3:13 pm

From: 951 on Sun, Sep 10 2006 3:28 pm
From: on Thurs, Sep 7 2006 6:42 pm
From: on Mon, Sep 4 2006 5:30 pm
From: an old friend on Sun, Sep 3 2006 10:09 am

But the point is that a lot of changes have occurred in the real-estate
and construction industries in 40+ years. New technologies - new
methods - new financial and tax environments.

Tsk. I'm acquainted with most of those...IN THIS AREA.
You are NOT.

I think Jim and I are acquainted with what goes on IN AMATEUR RADIO.

You have many years as a licensed radio amateur. But, you
are NOT, nor have you ever been, a PARTICIPANT in Los Angeles
Zoning Board activities, meetings, nor a PARTICIPANT in owning
real property in Los Angeles County.

Real property and Zoning ordinances are NOT, nor have they
ever been a "radio subject." End this sub-thread because
it does not apply.

N2EY tried to magnify one of my old statements, taking it well
out of context, attempting to MANUFACTURE some personal
"defect" of mine. His product QC was terrible and the product
FAILED. N2EY was a NON-PARTICIPANT in real estate and Zoning
in Los Angeles. In other words, he didn't know his ass from
a hole in the ground on that.

However, to charge that "I know nothing of amateur radio"
is INCORRECT, IN ERROR. One does NOT need to be a licensed
radio amateur to "know about it." United States radio
amateur activity is NOT "secret." Several radio amateur
interest group organizations freely offer detailed information
on what they think US amateur radio involves.

Amateur 'radio' technology is the SAME as every other radio
technology, although lagging behind the rest of the radio
world in a few technical areas. NONE of that technology is
"secret" nor is it "revealed" to someone just receiving a
federal license permitting the RF energy emission according
to government regulations. Those government regulations are
open to all, not secret, and are freely available over the
US Government Printing Office website.

Anyone with a receiver can hear for themselves what radio
amateurs DO "on the air." US government (FCC) regulations
forbid the use of encryption (for deliberate obfuscation
of information transmitted) in amateur radio transmissions.
There is NO RESTRICTION on personal communications off-air
by any citizen with another citizen who is a licensed
radio amateur. I have several friends of long-standing
who are licensed radio amateurs, one of them going back
to US Army service days.

The FCC does not restrict ANYONE from communicating with
the FCC on ANY RADIO SERVICE or any other interstate
communications service they regulate. They are required
BY LAW to be open to communications from ALL CITIZENS.

By personal experience, I have been involved in HF radio
transmission beginning 53 years ago and have been granted
a Commercial radio operator license in 1956. I AM
experienced in radio communications from VLF on up to
25 GHz. US radio amateurs are NOT allocated any bands
below 160m and the allocated emission types are limited
(again BY LAW), such limitations lesser than my hands-on
experiences. I have written for, been published, even
employed as an editor for an amateur radio magazine, an
independent that existed for 22 years.

You are NOT.

You are hopelessly stuck in a personal attack mode and
will not leave it.

To reiterate: YOU are NOT INVOLVED in Los Angeles real
estate nor the Zoning laws of this city. Further, YOU
know bupkis about that as it applies here. It is NOT
a subject for this newsgroup, not even close to that.

Your only effort in this thread is to attempt some
personal denigration of myself. That wastes time for
others, does little except making you look the asshole,
and is a FAILURE.