Old September 12th 06, 11:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default Could you support making the No-code license one year non-renewable?

"Tom Ring" wrote in message
.. .
Dee Flint wrote:

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message

Dee Flint wrote:

I repeat: EVERY MODE HAS ITS ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES. To deny
that is foolish.

Every brand of vehicle has its advantages and disadvantages
but I don't see the government forcing anyone to buy a
Chevrolet. What is wrong with a free market of modes?
Nobody is forcing anyone not to use CW.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

That analogy doesn't work at all.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Why not? Picking what you want to use isn't okay? You don't want
alternatives to CW. Or alternatives to digital? Or , for that matter,
alternatives to voice modes.

So for you choice is bad?

tom
K0TAR

Different brands of cars are not dissimilar enough to compare to different
types of modes so the analogy doesn't work. The different brands of cars
(Chevy, Ford, Chrysler, etc) are more like comparing a Bencher paddle to an
MFJ paddle to a Kent paddle, etc. If you use CW, you pick your own type of
paddle. If you drive, you pick your own type of car.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE