Old September 12th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SeeingEyeDog SeeingEyeDog is offline

Default Slightly OT -- Why do homodynes cause an eerie emotional feeling

"Radium" wrote

I notice when I listen to heterodynes on the AM radio, I get a feeling
of both fear and enjoyment. I find the heterodyne to give me a very
strange emotional feeling that I can't describe.

When I was in the second half of my 1st-grade...
I would get so scared when I heard them. I
don't know why I get so emotional when I hear those sounds.

I am curious as to whether I am the only one who feels this way when
listening to heterodynes and similar sounds.

Perhaps there is an unconscious association with heterodynes and
emergencies, since most police, firefighters, and other emergency
services often communicate with radios which often experience
heterodynes. The heterodyne maybe high or low pitched but either way it
gives me the same scary yet enjoyable feeling.

That ain't notin'. Try takin' care of a cryin' baby. primordial hint

Maybe its those binaural beats in the brain resulting from heterodyning
within the central nervous system :-)

One dyne is equal to exactly 10-5 newtons.
Do you listen to Homodynes?