Old September 13th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Roger (K8RI) Roger (K8RI) is offline

Default 4-400 on 6 meters ?

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 23:16:20 GMT, "SNOWDEN"
wrote:

Anyone been successful in building an amplifier at 6 meters? I have a
couple and was thinking about trying it.

I've not seen a 4-400 amp on six,, but they are rated to 110 MHz and
the book shows just shy of the legal limit out at 75 MHz.

I don't know how difficult the'd be to neutralize.
Sounds like fun and I think they'd be a better tube for six than
3-400s or 3-500s.

Good luck,

Doug N4IJ

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)