Old September 13th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default Real Estate Follies

From: on Wed, Sep 13 2006 3:37 am

From: 951 on Sun, Sep 10 2006 3:28 pm
From: on Thurs, Sep 7 2006 6:42 pm
From: on Mon, Sep 4 2006 5:30 pm
From: an old friend on Sun, Sep 3 2006 10:09 am

Okay, so this is retro on not on amateur radio, but let's
review how Jimmy MANUFACTURES something out of nothing.

Jimmie say (residential zoning) = (amateur radio policy)!

Amazing.

Tell ya what, next time the Los Angeles government is
going to act on any decision, YOU as a 20 WPM code-
tested amateur extra will be notified as an EXPERT
CONSULTANT on city and county political decisions.

That should satisfy your "I'm-a-knowitall-extra"
imagination. [I doubt it will, though]

It can be. If FCC decides something is important, they make it happen
pretty fast and comments may not have much effect. When Papa Bush
wanted to do a favor for a now-dead King, we got medical waivers for
some license exams. The commentary didn't have any effect.

What does that have to do with Los Angeles Zoning
Ordinances?

The FCC does NOT rule/decide/mitigate Los Angeles
Zoning Ordinances.

Are you zoned out?

Get a hit from yer gud buddie Nursie Stevie?

Or when the VE system replaced the use of FCC examiners, thereby saving
money, there wasn't even an NPRM IIRC. No comments, just "here's your
new system". There were protests but they had no effect.

Do the VEC rule/decide/mitigate Los Angeles Zoning
Ordinances?

What's a "ham homie", Len?

A nutcase who thinks the FCC and/or VEC rule/decide/mitigate
Los Angeles city/county affairs.

"A house is a house is a HOME"?

A house is just a building.

People make it a home.

Lovely homily. Did you have homily grits for breakfast?

Get it from a "Little Morse on the Prarie" episode?

The changes occurred *since* the 1960s.

...and You were there, watching it all happen, participating
in Los Angeles government, getting involved... :-)

How do you know I don't have friends in the LAX area, Len?

Guess what - I've been there.

So have MILLIONS of others. LAX is one of the busiest
airports in the USA.

Call some up and arrange a reunion, have a big party...
you can get the party ball going by having a big lecture
on Los Angeles Zoning Ordinances...

... You don't want the neighborhood to change. It was built
as single-family-detached houses and you didn't want any other kind of
house built there. You wanted the *law* to keep things as they were in
the early 1960s.

Congratulations...you finally figured it out.

Zoning should NOT change on a whim.

Nor should radio regulations.

WTF? Tsk, you equate lettuce and lava again...

Modern homes are hardly comparable to early homes. In fact the homes
being built today are quite different than those of a few decades ago.
Many, many changes in home construction in that time period.

...and the 20 WPM code-tested amateur extra KNOWS THEM
ALL!

Try accepting change and progress.

Elimination of the US amateur radio licensing code test
is change and progress...

You're evading the question about what the developer wanted to build.

Which "developer" are you talking about?

I used to have some Kodak D-76 and some Microdol, but the
empty containers got thrown out a long time ago...same
with Stop Bath and Fixer.

Here's a BIGGER "clue," Jimmy: This thread is about "using
'CW' in an emergency"

Ah, no, it isn't, Len.

The subject line was changed to "Real Estate Follies". You changed it
again, I changed it back.

"Heah come de judge...heah come de judge!" :-)

This discussion is right on the subject. I think that bothers you.

Yes, it does bother me. I thought this was an AMATEUR RADIO
POLICY newsgroup. You think it is a LOS ANGELES GOVERNMENT
newsgroup.

Google states that this is the AMATEUR RADIO POLICY newsgroup.

You say it is "different."

You persist in that delusion.

Either Google is wrong or Jimmie-knowitall is wrong.

But Jimmie is NEVER WRONG.

It is a "die-lemma." [Jimmy would rather die than give up
his viewpoints on morsemanship]

It's simple, Len. You did not want the zoning changed, because that
could mean "APARTMENTS" in your neighborhood!

Yes.

You wanted your neighborhood to stay as it was built 40+ years ago -
preferably with no new houses at all.

Hello? "We" (the neighborhood association) wanted the
Zoning code to remain. I wrote that. Did you see it?

Now, whatinhell is all this fuss over Los Angeles Zoning
Ordinances doing in an AMATEUR RADIO POLICY newsgroup?

The point is that you don't want to say whether the "no changes"
position was agreed to by the majority.

The "point" is that you are CONFUSED as to what this
newsgroup is supposed to contain.

Talk to Google. Maybe they will change it for you.

So you don't know about radiotelegraphy - you're not involved. Not a
participant. No investment, no stake, an outsider. But you claim to
know what is best for those who are involved and are participants.

So you don't know about Los Angeles codes and ordinances -
you're not involved. Not a participant. No investment,
no stake, an outsider. But you claim to know what is best
for those involved and are participants.

Pssst, Jimmie...this is the AMATEUR RADIO POLICY newsgroup.
It is NOT about Los Angeles residence laws. Really.

You'd be outraged if I were to support changes to the zoning ordinances
for your neighborhood, because those changes would affect you much more
than they would affect me.

Tsk, not "outraged." Annoyed. While I do NOT have the
"authority" stated by Nursie Stevie to make a simple
telephone call to "pick you up," a short call to one of
several Los Angeles newspapers would start the process
of making you look the interfering fool. The Los Angeles
Times has over a million daily readers...thousands would
see your foolish interfering acts and utterances (quoted
with real ink on real paper) and be amused by such antics.
It's a good bet that the City Editor would be laughing so
hard about it that he wouldn't send out a reporter to cover
it...the comic strips are in another part of the Times.

But you support changes to radio regulations
that would affect me much more than they would affect you.

So, we are supposed to understand that you constantly take
the US amateur radio licensing exam manual morse code test?

Is that your point?

Tell you what...go to Google and see if they have a Los
Angeles government affairs newsgroup. If there isn't any,
then START one. In there you can talk all you want to on
AMATEUR RADIO POLICY matters.

Sound okay with you?

Oh, dear, you are REALLY stuck in comparing lettuce with
lava, aren't you? :-)

Try answering my question, Len.

I could but it doesn't compute on my decryption machine.

This is the AMATEUR RADIO POLICY newsgroup.

It isn't a newsgroup for discussing zoning laws regarding
residences.

The amateur bands are a sort of home to us, not you.

Then GO HOME, Jimmie.

Or, at least, go to a newsgroup about the correct subject.

Doesn't answer the question, Len.

? It didn't come up in the latest neighborhood association
meeting, nor with our government councilmember. ?

Did you really have a "question"? I thought you were just
stamping your feet in a tantrum...

So move if you don't like it.

Why are you telling me what to do? :-)

Or are you telling me to "shut up?" :-)

Jimmie, you are getting more and more irrational in here.

[quit stamping your feet crying "I'm right! I'm right!"]

You are starting to resemble the fictional TV character
"Max Headroom." Good luck on finding a sponsor for
your show...

---

Sigh, another "reality adventure" episode, character
studies of the middle-aged morse mavens kvetching
about possible loss of their rank, title, status,
and privileges from being retrograde morsemen and
forcing all newcomers to accept their old ideals.

boop, beep,