Old September 13th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jor-El Jor-El is offline

Default Anyone got an answer????

wrote:
Jor-El wrote:
December, 2004: the bush administration says "No WMDs".

...but then the question *BEGS* to be asked-- If no WMDs and Iraq had
nothing to do with 9/11, then...

WHAT IN THE HELL ARE WE DOING THERE????

First, you mis-interpreted the question. What was meant was "why were we
there in the first place"? Under what pretext now that the
Administration has disavowed -both- of their two main reasons they said
we should be there.

- Not Cutting and Running ??

Finally, "cutting and running" is no longer an issue anymore...truly a
moot point because...

junior bush has painted us into the perfect corner:

--bad things continue to happen if we stay. The counter on the number of
dead American kids will keep ticking higher and higher. The Iraqis had
their "free elections", they've had their shot at democracy, blah, blah,
blah, and the situation has done nothing but go downhill and continue to
worsen. (Gee, big surprise, right? Like we're going to change a thousand
years of their tribal fighting).

--bad things will happen if we leave. (civil war, more destabilization
of the mid east).

No wrong answers are possible about staying vs. leaving. BOTH sides are
right. The USA painted into the -perfect- corner by Georgie. :-(