Old September 13th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Radium Radium is offline

Default Slightly OT -- Why do heterodyne cause an eerie emotional feeling

David wrote:
On 12 Sep 2006 10:37:07 -0700, "Radium" wrote:

Bob Miller wrote:
On 11 Sep 2006 22:23:55 -0700, "Radium" wrote:

I've always liked heterdynes, especially when I zero-beat one.

I like them too yet I feel wierd and scared when I hear them.
Heterodynes give a mystical feeling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theremin

Yup. The Theremin does go well with Sci-Fi movies.

If the frequency difference is exactly that of notes [white keys] C and
D and both these frequencies are played exactly together, they sound
like the high-pitched sine-wave tones played on the Emergency
Broadcasting System.