Old September 14th 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Verstaldin Verstaldin is offline

Default What are those beeps on 4770kHz?

I've heard Codar around 4.7 mhz as well at times.

God is love +
Brio

"dxAce" wrote in message ...

DesignGuy wrote:

"JeroenK" wrote in message
Hey All,

Bene hearing these sequences of beeps on 4770kHz this evening. They are
the same number of beeps, repeated after a short interval.

http://www.cvni.net/radio/nsnl/nsnl089/nsnl89ms.html speaks about a
'Chinese naval marker' active on this frequency. Could this be it? If
so, a mighty catch with my Sony AN-1 and passive loop on which I can
hear it both...

JeroenK.

CODAR:
http://ifmaxp1.ifm.uni-hamburg.de/CODAR.shtml

That link seems to indicate that that system operates on 16.045, 27.65 and 29.85
MHz.

dxAce
Michigan
USA