Old September 14th 06, 09:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Clayton Clayton is offline

Default Icom Tuning?...Help Please

Hi Brenda Ann,
Ok,I got a closer look at the switch and it isn't a pot(not that I was
doubting you)that's for sure.
Thank you for the offer on the schematic,I just got one downloaded.
Is there a way to test this switch(out of circuit) to see if its the
culprit?
Do you think that this is even what could be causing my problem?
I did notice that if I turned the knob real fast I could get a 5-10 KHz
change on the display but that's it.

Hi rEn,
I'm not seeing a lock feature on the rig or in the manual.
That would be great if that was the problem though,but I can get a a
few 5-10 KHz change on the display when I turn the knob but that's
it...its like its slipping in a way only everything feels tight.

Dale,
Your right,I probably shouldn't be working on it but there's no better
way to learn. Plus when you don't have the money to get it
professionally worked there's not much else to do.

Hi Pete,
Ok,I will put the encoder back in and check for 5 volts on the V+
terminal.
If I do get 5 volts then I might have a bad uP(what's that?)is there a
way to test that as well?
I sure hope the radio isn't trash,I would really love to run it as it
has a bunch of features non of my other radios have and I sure wouldn't
be able to afford one with these features.

Thanks for the help everyone its most appreciated