Old September 14th 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Protecting receivers from RF

In article ,
"DesignGuy" wrote:

I've just acquired a new HF transceiver, using an antenna in close proximty
to my SWL antenna's (all in attic due to neighborhood restrictions). The
transceiver can put out 100W max, and all the coax lines are bundled
together for the 30' run from attic into my basement listening post.

Aside from unplugging the antenna's from my SWL receivers before using the
ham rig, is there any other way to protect the receivers from RF damage to
the front-end?

You could use an RF relay to protect the receiver. The relay should be
energized by keying the mike. The relay should ground the radio input
when the mike is keyed. Most transceivers have a relay control output
for this function.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California