Old September 14th 06, 02:46 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.physics.electromag,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,uk.radio.amateur

Default Receiving Pulse-Code Modulation on AM radio at 3 Mhz?

On 2006-09-13, Radium wrote:

Easy for you to ask. I doubt any store has the device. And the
equipment required to amplify .00000000001 dB to an audible level would
take up the entire room.

There is no such thing as a .00000000001 dB signal

Whats stops a .00000000001 dB signal from existing?

Nothing, it's just indistinguishable from a 0db signal.

In other words it's about half the amplitide of a 3db signal...

It's a logarythmic scale.

Bye.
Jasen

No, without a reference, its use is meaningless. He was trying to
use dB for an absolute signal level, not a ratio.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida