Old September 15th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner
ken foshee ken foshee is offline

Default Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of ham radio?

I'll agree with you 100%. I have a Tech license and enjoy the hobby very
much. I plan on upgrading to General once the code issue is settled. I have
always heard that "If you don't use it, you lose it". I have no interest in
the code so why should I not be allowed to enjoy Ham radio. BTW, my CB
license years back was KLW4194..

"kd5sak" wrote in message
.. .

"Slow Code" wrote in message
. net...
"Allan9" wrote in
:

Off the wall comment.
I learned code in 1956 and haven't had to use it yet.
Al

You probably don't remember your callsign either, or do you prefer using
a CB
handle?

SC

I learned sufficient code to gain my upgrade to General in 2005 and passed
the written test the same evening. I have no interest in using code
further. I may change my mind on that later, but given my advanced years,
the point may be moot. My primary interest as a Ham is in fiddling with
antennas, only one of the 11 antennas scattered about my 7 acres was
purchased. There are 5 at my detached shop/shack and 6 more back at the
house to use when I desire air conditioning while pursuing my hobby.
Three of these are indoor dipoles for use when bad weather threatens, as
it often does here in southern Oklahoma. I hope all you other gentlemen
continue to enjoy the access to the Amateur Bands allowed by what ever
license class you possess.

Harold
KD5SAK