Old November 26th 03, 01:45 PM
Clif Holland

The problem is to get the 10-20w out of the radio you may have to shove 100w
into the filter, and that's what hurts. You need to monitor the current
drawn to determine if there is a possibility of damage.

--
Clif Holland, KA5IPF
AVVid

www.avvid.com

1-800-214-5779
972-870-0630 (Local)
"Ed G." wrote in message
.. .

Hmmm, mine works OK! I have made numerous QSOs on 60m
but most were during the first week that it was opened!

Nothing melted in mine.

YET! I think the prudent thing to do is make sure you are running
relatively low power when operating on 60M. You are supposed to be
running maximum of 50W ERP. I'd think 10 or 20 watts out of the
transmitter would prevent over-heating of the band pass filter components.

Ed WB6SAT