Old September 16th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
mike maghakian mike maghakian is offline

Default radio mart horror story-WILL YOU BE HIS NEXT VICTIM ?????

this appeared in a post this week in a yahoo group I belong to:

"Okay Chuck you are the man. I just bought an R-2000 off this sleaze
on eBay who said the unit was in pristine condition and the tuner
dial didn't work but just needed a 'reset'! Not only didn't it work
but the counter circuit board was disconnected and just hanging
there. I found the two screws for it in a little plastic bag inside
the radio. So I re-installed the circuit board and it still didn't
work.

Then I signed up for this Yahoo group and the first post I read is
yours. I tweaked the adjustment pots and VOILA it is now working.

Now all I need to do is fumigate this pristine radio to get rid of
the cigarette smoke smell and promise myself never to buy another
thing from radio-mart again."