Old September 16th 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Frank Gilliland Frank Gilliland is offline

Default Let's say I break into your house

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 20:24:29 -0400, jim wrote
in :

snip
No arguement from me on that. Independant party(s) are too weak to form
any opposition........

I'm not talking an "independent party" because there isn't such a
thing. Personally, I have to side with Ben Franklin and say that
political parties should be illegal. After all, some of the most
infamous dictators rose to power as a member of a political party
within an apparently legitimate and democratic form of government:

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dictators:

"Modern dictators have usually come to power in times of emergency.
Frequently they have seized power by coup, but some, most notably
Benito Mussolini in Italy and Adolf Hitler in Germany, achieved office
by legal means and once in power gradually eroded constitutional
restraints."

Sounds a lot like what Bush is doing, huh?