Old September 16th 06, 05:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] miso@sushi.com is offline

Default radio mart horror story-WILL YOU BE HIS NEXT VICTIM ?????

mike maghakian wrote:
this appeared in a post this week in a yahoo group I belong to:

"Okay Chuck you are the man. I just bought an R-2000 off this sleaze
on eBay who said the unit was in pristine condition and the tuner
dial didn't work but just needed a 'reset'! Not only didn't it work
but the counter circuit board was disconnected and just hanging
there. I found the two screws for it in a little plastic bag inside
the radio. So I re-installed the circuit board and it still didn't
work.

Then I signed up for this Yahoo group and the first post I read is
yours. I tweaked the adjustment pots and VOILA it is now working.

Now all I need to do is fumigate this pristine radio to get rid of
the cigarette smoke smell and promise myself never to buy another
thing from radio-mart again."

I often stay up all night wondering if Martyn puts the red velvet in
the box with your shipment. That would make up for the poor quality of
the crap he sells.