Old September 16th 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
iwouldntknow iwouldntknow is offline

Default Getting response to old QSL requests

the QSL bureau can be very slow as can some stations before they reply. I routinely
receive bureaucards which have been travelling up to 4 years but sometimes roundtrip takes
only a few weeks. It depens wethere the bureau uses burro service or not. Be patient and
carefull what you write, your card may not arrive for another few years. Longest a card
for me took is 25 (twentyfive) years and looking at the writing and discoloring it was
written 25yrs ago.

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:38:20 -0500, "redfox39" wrote:

Recently I sent E-mails to foreign hams about responses to 80 meter QSL's
that I sent out 6 to 12 months ago. The responses were good. Most didn't
receive my QSL and one said that he had not sent out any yet but was going
to soon. These included no DX-peditions.

I have in my mind that this would be a good thing to do on a regular basis
(again, big DX-peditions excluded). It looks to me like 6 months is a good
point to do this but I wonder what some of you think???

Trav, WX0Y