Old September 18th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Telstar Electronics Telstar Electronics is offline

Default New SkyWave 2879ABTC on Schedule for Release in October06

james wrote:
If you say so. I find silkscreening a luxury that in no way affects
quality. Solder mask is good for high density boards to help in
minimize solder shorts during reflow. Your board is not that high a
dense board.

You're right... the silk screen has nothing to do with quality. It
mainly is an aid during construction. It also has benefits during any
repair procedures... to quickly locate components of interest. The mask
is also a nice feature during construction to avoid soldering issues. I
don't scrimp on these things... they are well worth the few dollars per
board in the long run. They also show potential customers that I'm
serious about making a premium product... just like boards you might
find in high-end commercial and consumer electronics.

www.telstar-electronics.com