Old November 28th 03, 06:27 AM
Rocky

Do any of the solid state rigs from the mid-80s to present put out a
good AM signal? If so, which ones? Is the conventional wisdom true
that only by resurrecting a boatanchor tube transmitter can an operator
get a nice sounding AM signal?

Thanks!

Am surprised that none of the below posts mentioned the Icom 706 series!

My
IC706 (both of them) do excellent sounding AM and I have gotten quite a

few
compliments.

73

Jerry
K4KWH

Nothing sounds better than tubes and AM. I love the old stuff.
Those old tube transmitters and recievers sounded great.
Heath kit and Knight kit. Point to point wiring and tubes!!!
Ahhhh, those were the days.

Rocky