Old September 18th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,sci.electronics.basics
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

Default SolderSmoke #32: HW101 (clutch) FT-101, CONNECTORS, 3RD ORDER,ENIGMA,

In article ,
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
The Professor wrote:

It's a 10 meter amp if you must know..... LOL

Not when its advertised to 30 MHz

And, it appears not to comply with several specific FCC regulations:

- It has gain through the CB frequencies (violates 97.317 (b)) and is
thus not eligible for certification, which is required for amps
operating below 144 MHz. The FCC may be about to relax or eliminate
the 97.317 rules about external amps operating in this frequency
range, but for the moment this reg is still part of the law.

- Its second- and third-harmonic distortion levels are roughly
10 dB too high to meet the -43 dBc requirement (violates 97.307
(d)).

--
Dave Platt AE6EO